Aithre Metis In-Flight Weather Beacon
30% OFF LAUNCH SPECIAL (LIMITED TO FIRST 8 UNITS SOLD) - auto at checkout
Metis extends Aithre's oxygen monitoring technology to in-flight atmospheric conditions. Using a single under the wing elegant probe, you get real-time temperature, humidity, and dewpoint readings, enabling you to 'stay on top' of icing and cloud levels relative to your aircraft.
Analog outputs are provided for temp, dewpoint, and humidity, allowing universal input to your EFIS, such as Dynon and the G3x, or any other engine monitoring type avionics system. Moreover, the Metis is enabled for wireless communication to your iOS device and the Aithre Connect app to put the same data on your Apple Phone and Watch. When using the Aithre Connect app, you also get real-time indications of relative cloud bases and freezing levels plus a carb ice risk level.
When you have Metis on-board, you are also helping the pilot community fly safer because the temp, dewpoint, and humidity levels you sample are shared anonymously with other Aithre users. Other pilots flying near your route of flight will get access to your automated 'PIREP' to help with decision making in-flight.
- ATMOSPHERIC IN-FLIGHT DATA: Temperature, humidity, and dewpoint in a single probe
- STAINLESS STEEL HOUSING: Housing includes stainless steel housing with a sintered mesh filter for protected breathability
- SMALL JUNCTION BOX: A remote small junction box connected by 3 meters of cable allows for behind-the-panel mounting of the electronics
- ANALOG OUTPUTS: Three analog outputs are available for each of temperature, dewpoint, and humidity allowing for universal connection to most engine monitoring systems
- iOS/WatchOS: Smart enabled auto-pairing wireless connection to our Aithre Connect app enabling monitoring of your atmospheric conditions in conjunction with carbon monoxide, pilot & pax health, portable oxygen tank, and more
- FREEZING AND CLOUD BASES: Aithre Connect app provides real-time calculations and indications of cloud bases and freezing levels relative to your aircraft using standard lapse rates
- CARB ICE RISK: Carbeurator icing risk level is automatically determined in the Aithre Connect app using the trifecta of temperature, humidity, and dewpoint data
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT: The Aithre Connect app anonymously shares your temperature, dewpoint, and humidity data for your GPS positions with the Aithre pilot community using our automated 'PIREP' technology
Designed and made in Ketchum, Idaho by pilots (6000 MSL)