152L Bottle with Adjustable Flow Regulator, Altus Meso
The Aithre personal oxygen bottle is constructed from lightweight composite carbon fiber with an aluminum lining and is designed for aviation. Offering a 2000 PSI working pressure, simple on-off gauge, and an adjustable flow regulator, this bottle is ideal for pilots in private GA aircraft with flow rates as high as 25LPM.
Small enough and light enough to fit in your flight bag, the Aithre oxygen bottle is 100% refillable and can store 152L of compressed oxygen at 2000 PSI. If you don't already fill your own oxygen, filling your own bottles is easy and very cost-effective. You can fill the bottle yourself for about $0.50 - $1.00 per fill ($0.02 per liter of compressed oxygen) using a transfilling hose and an oxygen supply tank. This regulator uses a standard CGA-540 transfilling hose, which can be purchased from Aithre, Mountain High, or Aerox. Instructions on transfilling can be found here, with the exception that this regulator uses CGA-540 and not 3/8-24.
This Aithre oxygen bottle package includes the bottle itself, an easy-operate Aithre adjustable flow regulator with the Altus Meso smart wireless pressure sensor, a Uni-flo2 cannula, and a sporty Aithre neoprene tote bag. Included on the regulator is a CPC plug for optional upgrade to MH-3 inline flow meter to fine tune your oxygen consumption to altitude.
The Uni-flo2 cannula is an innovative single-prong nasal cannula that can be inserted in one nostril for comfortable easy application. A unique copper wire insert within the tubing adds conformability and shape memory comfort. Or, use a Mountain High cannula with the MH-3 positioned at your chest level as an optional upgrade.
The Aithre adjustable flow regulator is a unique combined regulator-valve with a simple dial flow adjuster from 0 to 25LPM. The regulator includes a standard CGA-540 fill port, but it is one-way and doesn't require removal of any parts to fill. An elegant metal handle provides protection against dropping. There are two output ports on the handle. The first output port is a hose barb quick connect that allows for a first level of flow setting (e.g. 1-25 LPM) with an easy direct cannula connection. The second output port is an always-on bypass CPC plug for use with the optional MH-3 flow meter.
The regulator includes the standard pressure gauge, and also the Aithre Altus Meso wireless tank pressure gauge for use with the Aithre Connect app. This provides 0-2500 PSI readings to your iOS device in increments of 10PSI to permit monitoring of your oxygen tank without having it right next to you. The PSI can be displayed on your Garmin G3x or Dynon Skyview when using the companion Aithre Shield EX 3.0 carbon monoxide detector.
*Warning: Do not use with the MH O2D1/2 without the additional inline-step down regulator to 20 PSI*
- Carbon fiber/aluminum bottle
- Easy-operate Aithre adjustable flow regulator with simple 0-25LPM dial control, hose barb, direct access CPC port, built-in valve, and one-way standard CGA-540 fill port
- Uni-flo2 single-prong cannula
- Altus Meso smart pressure gauge
- Aithre USB Power Supply
- Aithre neoprene carrying bag
BOTTLE SHIPPED EMPTY
- No oxygen is contained in the bottle when shipped
- Fill yourself using transfilling equipment from Mountain High or Aerox
- Carbon fiber & aluminum construction
- 4 inches x 13.5 inches overall
- 4Lbs (filled)
- 152 L oxygen volume @ 2000 PSI (1.12 L liquid volume)
- 6 hours continuous flow time @ 0.5 LPM
- 2000 PSI working pressure
- 3000 PSI maximum rating
- 15 year bottle service life (retesting every 5 years)
- Adjustable flow rate 0-25LPM
- Hose barb primary quick connect for standard cannula
- CPC backup connect for MH-3 flow meter (MH-3 not included)
- Wireless & manual pressure gauge
REQUIRED PARTS FOR SELF-FILLING
- Standard CGA-540 transfilling hose from Mountain High or Aerox
- Oxygen supply tank
- CE Certifcate: Bottle certified CE 1282 and inspected/tested to ISO11119-3 international standards
- NOT DOT approved: Carrier shipment in the U.S. requires the bottle to be empty with no pressure and no compressed oxygen (a special permit is pending with the DOT for future carrier shipment)
- Personal portable use only - not approved for commercial use
- Not approved for commercial flight: No gas cylinder of any type can be carried or checked on commercial flights with very limited exceptions
- Not FDA approved for medical: Do not use to treat or prevent a disease or for any medical purpose.