FAA Approved under NORSEE for experimental and certified Part 23 Aircraft, the Aithre USB charger is specifically designed to charge iOS devices at the fastest charge rate possible. Moreover, the Aithre USB can easily handle these high charge rates because of the advanced switching regulator and inductor combination we've based the design upon. Added safety features including three on-board fuses, reverse current protection, over-temperature protection, and over-voltage protection, plus a unique radiator-type PCB arrangement to dissipate heat.
You'll also enjoy the Aithre placard that comes with the Aithre USB. In addition to looking great, it is really there to cover up any non-precision panel cuts. We are pilots and builders ourselves, so we know that the pretty pictures of laser-cut holes are not practical for most builders. Use a drill and a Dremmel tool, and apply the placard over the top to make for a clean install.
- Dual 5V 2.5 Amp (12.5 Watts each)
- 7 Amp on-board fuse for entire USB plug
- Dual 3 Amp on-board fuses for each outlet
- Onboard diode for reverse current protection
- Onboard over-temperature shutoff circuit
- 12V (up to 18V) input with easy 2 wire installation with recommended 7.5 A aircraft bus fuse
- Rugged industrial-style metal Amphenol USB interface
- Aithre placard to cover non-precision panel cuts
- Unique radiator arrangement of circuit boards for heat dissipation