Aithre AVI8 Installed Upgrade to 4-Place Kit
This semi-installed 4-place kit is an upgrade to the AVI8 smart oxygen system and the 2-place kit, enabling an additional 2 passenger places at adjustable continuous flow.
The 2-place kit must be purchased separately and provides the built-in smart pulse experience for the pilot and copilot. If you have a 4-place aircraft and want to provide the built-in experience to the rear passengers, this 4-place kit provides the plumbing and fittings to get those passengers on oxygen.
ADJUSTABLE CONTINUOUS FLOW
The Aithre regulator has a built-in flow meter that is used for the pilot backup line. This line is split and provided to the additional passenger places to enable the distribution of continuous flow oxygen. The regulator flow meter can be manually set to between 0-25 LPM with increments of 1 LPM at the lower flow rates. Simply multiply the number of passengers by each 10,000 feet level planned and set the flow rate on the regulator accordingly (e.g., 2 passengers at 20,000 feet altitude would be 2 passengers * 2 LPM = 4 LPM). During flight, each passenger will then receive access to the continuous flow oxygen in addition to the smart pulsed oxygen for the pilot and co-pilot.
Optionally use with an MH-3 inline flow meter to enable further fine-tuning of the continuous flow oxygen within the upper limit of the regulator flow meter output. This option enables flow rates as low as 0.1 LPM to avoid wasting oxygen at higher flow rates than required.
CHECKED CANNULA PLUGS
The kit further includes nickel-plated brass bulkhead female quick release plugs for your cannulas. These cannula plugs are easy to mount with a back locking nut and a hose barb to receive the plumbing line. Operation is simple with button release of any inserted cannula.
The passenger cannula quick connect plugs include check valves and are plumbed with Oetiker clamps to enable loading of the lines without use. This means that the continuous flow oxygen rate can be set on the ground before flight and not used until required during flight. After the flight is done, the regulator flow meter can be set to 0 LPM and the pressure can be discharged from the passenger flow lines.
The kit includes two additional soft cannulas and a custom neoprene storage bag to help keep them clean. Each of the cannulas is also provided with a male quick connect plug to interface with the bulkhead female checked quick connect plugs.
The kit provides the plumbing, mounts, and ports to enable all of the plumbing lines to be concealed. This includes a generous supply of push-to-connect elbows, straight extensions, and tubing. Additionally, mounting brackets are provided with hardware to secure the plumbing.
BAGGAGE COMPARTMENT COMPONENTS
Also provided are components to split and removably couple the additional passenger fixed flow lines within the baggage compartment. These lines can be removed using quick release bulkhead push to connect mounts, increasing space and tidiness when not required.
- 20 feet polyurethane plumbing lines for 2 place smart pulse
- 4 plumbing mounting brackets
- 5 push-to-connect straight extensions
- 6 push-to-connect elbows
- 1 push-to-connect Y
- 2 bulkhead push-to-connects for baggage compartment
- 2 bulkhead cannula quick connect plugs with check valve for continuous flow
- 2 cannulas with male quick connect plugs
- 1 neoprene Aithre storage bag
NOT INCLUDED - REQUIRED
- AVI8 configured for semi-built-in (automatically done with simultaneous purchase of AVI8 and semi-built-in kit)
- 152L or 925L bottle
- 2-place semi-installed kit
NOT INCLUDED - OPTIONAL
- MH-3 inline flow meters for high sensitivity adjustment of continuous flow output
- Aithre's smart pulse system only is tested and warranted with this semi-installed kit.
- Aithre does not support other plumbing and fitting systems.
- Do not retrofit the AVI8 into existing systems or use your own plumbing selections.
- Warranty voided with use of any any non-Aithre regulator or plumbing system.