152L Bottle with Avi8 Smart Valve, Adjustable Flow Regulator, Altus Meso (BETA)
This product is currently in BETA. This means it is available for purchase, but you will have to be accommodating with lead times and bugs as we improve the technology.
The Altus Avi8 smart oxygen bottle is controllable with a push button or via our iOS application using the optional auto mode, with selectable auto valve settings based on oximeter, heart rate, carbon monoxide, and pressure altitude. The smart pulse function enables controlled delivery of oxygen upon inhalation to conserve and extend the bottle life to up to 18 hrs.
Jam packed with this kit a 152L carbon fiber bottle, an Aithre adjustable flow regulator with bypass backup connection, a Uni-flo2 single prong cannula with an MH-3 inline flow meter, the Avi8 smart valve, an Altus Meso pressure sensor, an optical high sensitivity flow meter, batteries, a battery charger, and a neoprene Aithre bag.
The 152L bottle is a composite carbon fiber bottle with an aluminum lining weighing just 4 lbs with the regulator. This bottle stores 152L of pure oxygen at 2000 PSI, providing more than six hours of constant or intermittent flow at 0.5LPM. When used with the smart pulse function, the bottle life can be extended to up to 18 hrs.
The Aithre adjustable flow regulator is a unique combined regulator-valve with a simple dial flow adjuster from 0 to 25LPM. The regulator includes a standard CGA-540 fill port, but it is one-way and doesn't require removal of any parts to fill. An elegant metal handle provides protection against dropping. There are two output ports on the handle. The first output port is a 6mm quick connect hose port which connects to the AVI8 and allows for a first level of flow setting (e.g. 1-25 LPM). The second output port is a 25LPM always-on bypass CPC plug for directly connecting your cannula, for backup or in the event of battery loss or an emergency.
The regulator includes the standard pressure gauge, and also the Aithre Altus Meso wireless tank pressure gauge for use with the Aithre Connect app. This provides 0-2500 PSI readings to your iOS device in increments of 10PSI to permit monitoring of your oxygen tank without having it right next to you. The PSI can be displayed on your Garmin G3x or Dynon Skyview when using the companion Aithre Shield EX 3.0 carbon monoxide detector.
The AVI8 smart valve is a battery powered device with a handle button. The AVI8 is strapped to the bottle with the provided rubber mount and VELCRO strap. From there, the AVI8 accepts the 6mm plumbing line from the regulator and provides the output flow via a cannula CPC quick release plug. With the regulator on, the AVI8 will pass oxygen to the cannula when the button is pushed or the iOS app can be used to set automatic parameters for heart rate, blood oxygen, altitude, and carbon monoxide.
The smart pulse function permits the controlled and measured delivery of oxygen only on inhalation, thereby extending the use time to up to 18 hrs.
The AVI8 is battery powered with normal mode OFF. This means that you must confirm the batteries are charged and have sufficient power to maintain oxygen flow. Battery life and flow rate should be monitored in the app and using the in-app notifications. There is a backup on-board chirp when the battery life is low. The regulator includes a backup quick connect plug that bypasses the Avi8 to provide direct access to always-on oxygen.
*Warning: Do not use with MH O2D2 as additional pressure step-down is required.
- Altus Avi8 Smart Valve Controller including Optical Flow Meter and Smart Pulse Technology
- 152L Carbon Fiber Bottle
- Adjustable Flow 0-25LPM Regulator with Backup CPC Port
- Mountain High MH-3 Flow Meter
- Uni-Flo2 Single Prong Cannula
- 4 Lithium Ion 3.7v Batteries
- Battery Charger
- Neoprene Sport Bag
- Aithre Altus Meso wireless pressure gauge
- Push Button Handle with Custom O2 Button
- Silicone Rubber Bottle Mount with Strap
- iOS Aithre Connect App
- 50 PSI Rating
- Optical Flow Measurements 0-2.3 LPM in Increments of 0.1 LPM
- 12V Power Using Supplied 4 x 3.7 Lithium Ion "AA" Batteries
- No-Screw Quick Change Battery Compartment
- Water Resistant Sealed Housing
- Rechargeable Batteries (Charger Included)
- 6+ Hrs Flow Life w/ In-App Battery Monitoring (final battery life will be greater, but this is a conservative estimate while we conduct testing)
- Wireless Connection to iOS Phone/iPad
- 6mm Polytube Intake
- MH Quick Connect CPC Cannula Plug
- 2.5 ft length 0xygen Button & Handle
- Carbon fiber & aluminum construction
- 4 inches x 13.5 inches overall
- 4 lbs
- 152 L oxygen volume @ 2000 PSI (1.12 L liquid volume)
- 6 hours continuous flow time at 0.5LPM
- Up to 18 hrs pulse time @ 0.5LPM
- 2000 PSI working pressure
- 3000 PSI maximum rating
- 15 year bottle service life (retesting every 5 years)
- Adjustable 0-25LPM regulator with 6mm tube push to release connect
- Backup cannula CPC plug
- Pressure gauge with Altus Meso wireless pressure data
- CE Certifcate: Bottle certified CE 1282 and inspected/tested to ISO11119-3 international standards
- NOT DOT approved: Carrier shipment in the U.S. requires the bottle to be empty with no pressure and no compressed oxygen (a special permit is pending with the DOT for future carrier shipment)
- Personal portable use only - not approved for commercial use
- Not approved for commercial flight: No gas cylinder of any type can be carried or checked on commercial flights with very limited exceptions
- Not FDA approved for medical: Do not use to treat or prevent a disease or for any medical purpose.